The Sydney Morning Herald – Loading
Root, though, is seen as the “glue” in England’s top-order and a man Australian bowling coach Adam Griffith said was a priority dismissal.
- LoadingRoot, though, is seen as the “glue” in England’s top-order and a man Australian bowling coach Adam Griffith said was a priority dismissal.
- “But, as is the case with every team, early wickets is the key and if you can take early wickets you can put pressure on the middle order but if you don’t, as we saw [against Bangladesh] with our guys, it allows the bottom order to really free their arms a little bit so early wickets will be the key.
- Ashes-winning captain Michael Vaughan said Root was the “key to the whole batting unit” and a man in the “Virat Kohli-Kane Williamson mould”.
- LoadingWhat makes England’s Test captain so special is that he has all the shots and is rarely flustered, even if early wickets fall.
- Former England captain Mike Atherton wrote in The Times that “England’s resurrection in one-day cricket during the past four years carries Morgan’s stamp above all”.