Times of India – LONDON: Cricket’s oldest rivals are facing off at Lord’s, and it doesn’t get bigger than this.
- This time, though, a comment from England opener Jonny Bairstow in his column in the Telegraph has stoked things up.
- On the eve of the big game, England skipper Eoin Morgan almost supported that view, saying that it wouldn’t be appropriate to blame English fans if they started booing the Aussies for their role in the ball-tampering scandal.
- It will take time,” Morgan said.Coming back to the match, England will continue to be hampered by the absence of their in-form opener Jason Roy, who tore his hamstring during their win over the West Indies in Southampton.
- In Jofra Archer and Mark Wood, the hosts have a pace bowling duo which can easily crank up speeds of 150 kmph.
- Both can rattle the batsmen with their scorching bouncers – ask Hashmatullah Shahidi, who was hit on the head by Wood, or Hashim Amla , who had to leave the field and miss a few games after being struck by Archer on the helmet grille.