Metro – England legend Michael Vaughan has hailed Australia’s Aaron Finch as his captain of the World Cup.
- England legend Michael Vaughan has hailed Australia’s Aaron Finch as his captain of the World Cup.
- Finch’s side became the first team to book their place in the semi-finals and remain on course to finish top ahead of their final group game against South Africa.
- Asked to name the stand-out captain of the World Cup so far, England hero Vaughan told the BBC Test Match Special podcast: ‘Finch.
- As well as captaining Australia to the semi-finals of the World Cup, Finch has also enjoyed a brilliant tournament from a personal perspective.
- Former England spinner Phil Tufnell agreed with Vaughan’s assessment of Finch, saying: ‘He has captained well and been batting brilliantly.’