Exchange4Media (India) – According to industry sources, advertisers are paying Rs 35 lakh for 10 seconds for last minute inventory
The television advertisement rates for ICC Cricket World Cup hit an all-time high this year and crossed all past records, beating even the rates for IPL.
- With India making it to the semi-finals, there is renewed interest in buying premium ad space inventory.
- It is being said that the asking price for this limited inventory for semi-finals and finals have gone up to Rs 40 lakh/10 seconds.
- According to Anita Nayyar, CEO India & South East Asia at Havas Media Group, every important tournament where team India makes it to the semi-finals or finals, channels increase their ad inventory and this time it is no different.
- “While for regular matches, advertisers have paid anywhere between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 20 lakh (depending on when they bought it and in what package), they are paying as high as Rs 35 lakh for 10 seconds for last-minute inventory, while the asking prices have gone up to Rs 40 lakh/10 seconds,” Dwibedy informs.
- Brands that have missed the bus to buy ad packages for the entire series are looking at last-minute buying of these limited inventories,” says Sudhir Kumar, Director-Offline Media, at marketing agency DCMN India.