The Age – The 40-year-old has interesting and fresh views on how the game should be played, as well as what the structure of the domestic season should look like.
- Thornely says shifting the WBBL earlier in the year was a smart decision by Cricket Australia because it extends the summer for fans.
- Last year the Breakers trained for 36 weeks straight and only played seven proper games of 50-over cricket, something Thornely described as “extraordinary”.
- “We’re seeing a shift where international programs do interfere with WNCL a lot and the amount of cricket our Cricket Australia contracted players will play will reduce from now on because of the hectic schedule,” Thornely said.
- “I went through the same experience with the male program when we had CA players playing more cricket to now where they get the odd game.
- NSW have won 13 of the last 14 WNCL titles but won’t have star Ellyse Perry on their side this season.