Stuff – Black Caps coach Gary Stead has some special memories at the home of cricket going back to 1990 when he was a part of the ground staff.
- OPINION: Eoin Morgan can set himself apart from all other England captains by winning the World Cup.
- READ MORE: * Cricket World Cup 2019: Jimmy Neesham reveals Black Caps’ winning strategy * Cricket World Cup 2019: TV and digital viewership records tumble * Cricket World Cup 2019: Key moments that shaped a Black Caps charge to Lord’s * Cricket World Cup 2019: Black Caps batsman Henry Nicholls looking good for final * Cricket World Cup: England talk up New Zealand for dream finalIt reminds me very much of the 2005 Ashes when we went down to the last day.
- I can believe the regeneration of this team because if you go back four years ago and read my columns from that last World Cup you will see that I believed then we had the players to be dangerous in 50-over cricket.
- England did the research and told them they had to be in the top three in the rankings going into a World Cup, which meant at least two years of consistency; winning in different conditions against the best teams.
- This World Cup is England’s to win and for Morgan to write his name in history.