Canindia News – Lahore, Aug 16 (IANS) Former skipper Misbah-ul-Haq has been appointed as “camp commandant” for the forthcoming 17-day conditioning camp for Pakistan cricketers.
- Lahore, Aug 16 (IANS) Former skipper Misbah-ul-Haq has been appointed as “camp commandant” for the forthcoming 17-day conditioning camp for Pakistan cricketers.
- According to a Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) media release, the pre-season camp has been organised to prepare the players for a competitive and challenging domestic and international cricket season, which is expected to begin with the prestigious Quaid-e-Azam Trophy from September 12.
- Fourteen centrally contracted and six additional men cricketers have been invited to attend a pre-season camp, which will commence at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Lahore on August 19.
- Apart from 31 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy first-class matches and number of domestic white ball matches in relation to the National T20 Cup and Pakistan Cup One-Day Tournament, the Pakistan cricket team is scheduled to play six World Test Championship Tests, three ODIs and nine T20Is in the forthcoming season.
- With the advent of the World Test Championship, the PCB wants Pakistan to turn up with their best red ball game when they face Sri Lanka in the two-match Test series at home,” said Zakir Khan, PCB Director of international cricket.