Australian, The – JOSH Hazlewood has made a dream return to the Australian side as Joe Root’s dismal start to the Ashes with the bat continued.
- JOSH Hazlewood has made a dream return to the Australian side as Joe Root’s dismal start to the Ashes with the bat continued.
- Following an opening day washout at Lord’s, players last night finally stepped on to the field for the second Test.
- Australia chose to recall paceman Hazlewood in the place of a rested James Pattinson and the decision paid off immediately.
- The tall quick then had Root plumb lbw for 14 to continue the England captain’s sorry start to the series and recent poor form in Test cricket.
- At 2-40 the visitors had a golden chance to extend their advantage in the opening session but gully Usman Khawaja grassed a firm but catchable drive from first Test hundred-maker Rory Burns.