Otago Daily Times – One test win and the Black Caps are (joint) on top of the world.
- The victory secured a drawn series and more importantly put New Zealand on the board in terms of the ICC World Test Championship.
- There has already been some angst in British circles that England and Australia are duking it out over five tests but each win is worth less than New Zealand’s yesterday.
- India, New Zealand and Sri Lanka all sit in 60 points however India play West Indies in the second and final test of their series starting Friday NZT.
- ,” the Telegraph’s Scyld Berry wrote after Sri Lanka earned 60 points for a win over New Zealand in the first test while England and Australia split eight each for a draw at Lord’s last week.
- So it might be the first time you hear complaints about the system but it probably won’t be the last if New Zealand look set to reach the World Test Championship final at Lord’s in June, 2021.