Hindustan Times – Stating that it was an emotional moment for him, India batsman Hanuma Vihari dedicated his maiden Test hundred to his father, who had passed away when Hanuma Vihari was only 12.
- Vihari hit a sparkling hundred on Day 2 of the second Test match against West Indies at the Sabina Park cricket stadium in Kingston, Jamaica to help India post a very good first innings total of 416 after they were sent in to bat on a lively wicket.
- Today is an emotional day and I hope he is proud wherever he is and I’m really happy that I achieved that,” Vihari told reporters here after the post-match conference.
- It gives me a lot of satisfaction,” Vihari said.
- That’s what exactly I did and I’m happy that I stick to my game plan,” he added.
- Pacer Jasprit Bumrah took a five-wicket haul on day two whereas West Indies finished day two at 87/7 after bundling India out for 416 runs in the first innings.