Australian, The – Last summer cricket fanatic Kate Peterson was taking selfies with the superstars of world cricket.
- Last summer cricket fanatic Kate Peterson was taking selfies with the superstars of world cricket.
- The Sydney schoolgirl will swap an old Sydney Thunder supporters shirt for a full kit of playing gear as the newest member of the WBBL team.
- Peterson, who attends Williams Clarke College and lives at North Rocks, recently joined the club with Thunder teammates Naomi Stalenberg and Lisa Griffith.
- Peterson said she has selfie shots of herself at games with the likes of Rachael Haynes, Alyssa Healy, Ellyse Perry, Meg Lanning and Ash Gardner and finds it hard to believe she will be facing off against them or beside them as teammates this summer.
- To kick off the season, Sydney Thunder will take on cross-town rivals, the Sydney Sixers, at North Sydney Oval under lights on October 18.